This blog has nothing to do with a fact that I need money and I'm determined to earn it online. The amount of ads placed all over it is completely incidental and I have no idea how they got here in the first place. I'm totally not trying to sell space and writing skill to the highest bidder and I am disgusted by all sorts of marketing strategies and manipulations. If you share those interests and think we may have something to offer each other, read on.

Thursday 30 June 2011

Not your ordinary pesto

Ooh, I really enjoyed researching for and writing this article.  It's all about pesto.

Pesto 'traditionally consists of crushed garlic, basil and nuts blended with olive oil and cheese' - thus spake Wikipedia.  So far so good.
But did you know you can make pesto out of thousand different ingredients as well?  That your pesto can have not a leaf of basil in it?  That it can be chili spiced, or made with humble dandelion?

You may have.  Then again, you may have not.

This article was written especially for those curious cooks who like experiments in their kitchen.  It's full of ideas for alternative pesto ingredients to make your dish one of its kind.

Warning:  whatever you do, don't go overboard with garlic.  I did just that and thus turned my  into something completely inedible.