This blog has nothing to do with a fact that I need money and I'm determined to earn it online. The amount of ads placed all over it is completely incidental and I have no idea how they got here in the first place. I'm totally not trying to sell space and writing skill to the highest bidder and I am disgusted by all sorts of marketing strategies and manipulations. If you share those interests and think we may have something to offer each other, read on.

Friday 1 July 2011

10 things I hate about the Internet

This article was written in the purest flash of inspiration during all of my career in online writing (well, so far).  It practically wrote itself. 

I had just spent a few hours surfing the Web, browsing piles of rubbish, drowning in ads, reading the nightmarish absurdities and being drained out of energy in the speed of light.  I recall I was also pretty angry then for personal reasons, and mixture of these circumstances fruited with the edgy, slightly sarcastic and unexpectedly funny piece on dark side of the Internet.

I generally like the Web, you know.  I work with it, goddamnit.  I've stumbled upon great things/acts/people/ideas that otherwise I would have no chance to meet.  But let's be honest - the really good stuff takes up maybe 10% of the web space, the rest is total (and mostly corporate) shit fountain.  Looking for something funky is sometimes satisfying, because it closely resembles treasure hunt. 

On other days I just feel I'm drowning in shit. 

Writing about it was an effective way of letting the steam off, and the result is actually pretty good. 

Bon appetit.