This blog has nothing to do with a fact that I need money and I'm determined to earn it online. The amount of ads placed all over it is completely incidental and I have no idea how they got here in the first place. I'm totally not trying to sell space and writing skill to the highest bidder and I am disgusted by all sorts of marketing strategies and manipulations. If you share those interests and think we may have something to offer each other, read on.

Tuesday 19 July 2011

Armageddon that didn't happen

Armageddon and all sorts of Apocalypses are some of my favourite subjects.  I love catastrophic movies, and I have this particular trait - I dream in disasters.  Earthquakes, volcanoes, wars, plane crashes, pandemies, tsunamis, you name it - my dreams have it all.  Once I was rather scared by all this mayhem and woke shuddering every second night or so, now I got used to my dreaming patterns and treat it more like my very own movie theatre.

I follow a few volcanic/catastrophic blogs and watched BBC non stop for a day or two right after the Japanese earthquake happened.  Disasters are awe-inspiring in their power.  I even wrote an article listing the likely and the unlikely ways in which the end of our times may arrive.

But I draw a line at Harold Campings of this world.  Long before Camping's promised Rapture Day, I was wondering - where will the poor guy hide on May 22nd?  Or will he be cheeky enough to emerge in public and say something like - oops, miscalculation (guess what - he did just that!). 

Anyway, May 21st came and went, and I vented my feelings here, right after the ominous date.