This blog has nothing to do with a fact that I need money and I'm determined to earn it online. The amount of ads placed all over it is completely incidental and I have no idea how they got here in the first place. I'm totally not trying to sell space and writing skill to the highest bidder and I am disgusted by all sorts of marketing strategies and manipulations. If you share those interests and think we may have something to offer each other, read on.

Thursday 7 July 2011

The ultimate cream soup recipe

Oooh, it's nasty and depressing Thursday in Ireland.  I was wakened today at something like 7 am by the sound of a thunder (thunderstorms occuring maybe 2-3 times in a year) and it hasn't improved since.  Rain, hail and howling wind, five minutes of silence and rain droplets start banging on my roof all over again.  Clouds are heavy and make it hard to think straight, and I have an article review to write when feeling completely uninspired.  At least subject of the review is quite relevant.

Today's article is all about cream soups (or blended soups, if you prefer).  You can make them out of almost anything in no time at all and you are rewarded with thick, warming broth and tummy screaming with joy.  It doesn't take Einstein to spot that I'm a big fan of cream soups.

Funny thing, for a long time I thought that they are magically difficult to make.  For some reason my brain registered cream soups as posh food and posh food must be difficult, right?  How else would you get charged such a shovelful of cash when eating out in nicer places? 

Guess what, I was wrong.

Cream soups are quick, easy and unexpensive and you can make endless flavour variations if you only know the basic recipe.  I think I didn't eat much else for entire week right after I discovered it.

I may even take my own advice today and cook up some nice cream soup for myself.  Split pea sounds good.  Big mug full of steaming blended soup, warm soft blanket and I may yet survive the storms.