This blog has nothing to do with a fact that I need money and I'm determined to earn it online. The amount of ads placed all over it is completely incidental and I have no idea how they got here in the first place. I'm totally not trying to sell space and writing skill to the highest bidder and I am disgusted by all sorts of marketing strategies and manipulations. If you share those interests and think we may have something to offer each other, read on.

Wednesday 11 May 2011

The End of the World

Apparently, the world is going to end pretty soon.  On the 21st of May, to be precise. 

See, checking top Google keywords from time to time can really broaden your horizons.  Now I can quickly run to a bank, get a huge loan and I still have almost two weeks for splashing it out in the most pleasurable ways. 

Or maybe I should decide that some religious looneys hunting for hidden messages in the Bible are not that trustworthy after all and I might end up with a huge loan to pay. 

See, that's the trick with Armageddon.  It's been promised so many times that no one really believes it anymore. 

I have a suspicious feeling that the proper one will not be foreseen by anyone and none of us will have a chance to get this loan, unfortunately. 

In the meantime, it's really enjoyable to hunt for the most recent prophets.  I only wonder how badly will their career suffer if nothing happens...  I nearly feel sorry for them.

Oh, and did you know that Rome is scheduled to be flattened out today by a huge earthquake?  It got so much publicity that a dramatic rise in school and work leaves has been noted.  Well, the spring is in full bloom, the weather balmy and a day out in the country will do everyone good, so maybe we should have more of those predictions?

And if you want to find some really good stuff about the End, read Terry Pratchett or Douglas Adams.  Much more enjoyable than paranoid scenarioes of the Bible-groupies.