This blog has nothing to do with a fact that I need money and I'm determined to earn it online. The amount of ads placed all over it is completely incidental and I have no idea how they got here in the first place. I'm totally not trying to sell space and writing skill to the highest bidder and I am disgusted by all sorts of marketing strategies and manipulations. If you share those interests and think we may have something to offer each other, read on.

Thursday 26 May 2011

Apocalypse, cancelled

Oops, it looks like the Apocalypse didn't happen again

If you sold or gave away all your belongings to celebrate the big day and now find yourself in deep slurry - serves you well for being such an idiot.

I think it's an unbelievable, amazing phenomenon - take the biggest looney you can find, tell him to preach the most ridiculous bullshit you can imagine, and there still be thousands of people running, RUNNING, to give him money.  Jaw-dropping unbelievable. 

All that in the world with hunger, cancer, homelessness etc...  Don't feed a beggar, pay a thousand dollars for a billboard, to make people aware of the coming Armageddon.  The Armageddon somehow didn't materialise, and there's no sign of Christ anywhere, either, but who cares, right?  There will be more looneys like Harold Camping and they too will make fortunes out of their stories, and there will still be people waving their credit cards to support theit cause. 

What a wacky world we live in.

Would I make money too if I suddenly announced here on this blog that the angel told me of the SURE and CERTAIN date for the next Apocalypse, say November 11?  Would I become an instant celebrity with piles of cash on my account?  Would you donate you hard earned money, dear reader, to support my claim?  I wish you would, but somehow I'm convinced that you wouldn't. 

How unfair. 

And I'm prettier than Harold Camping, too.