This blog has nothing to do with a fact that I need money and I'm determined to earn it online. The amount of ads placed all over it is completely incidental and I have no idea how they got here in the first place. I'm totally not trying to sell space and writing skill to the highest bidder and I am disgusted by all sorts of marketing strategies and manipulations. If you share those interests and think we may have something to offer each other, read on.

Saturday 16 April 2011

The Plan

There is nothing in the world that I enjoy more than reading advertisements, learning product recommendations by heart and finding out about all those wonderful places where I can spend my money.  I think all the people placing this fabulous stuff on the web are real angels, providing creatures like me with fun, comfort and ways to satisty cravings, all without any personal gain at all.  Long live the advertisers! 

Bullshit?  Of course. 

But hell, looking at what's out there, why shouldn't I bullshit you to the best of my ability and not get away with it?  The way today's marketing works, sales people are telling you that all their work is for YOUR good.  Every single product out there is for your benefit only.  What matters?  Your satisfaction.  Your health.  Your delight.  Your personal development.  The fact that you're indirectly paying their salaries has nothing to do with it.  At all.

I say screw it. 

I'm trying to make my living online.  This blog exists solely to earn me some cash (surprised?).  I'm going to advertise like insane, recommend anything as long as someone pays me for doing so, every single link will be placed here for monetary reasons only.  I'm going to use every dirty marketing trick I can get my hands on.  And I'm going to tell you all about it as I'm doing so. 

Why?

Because I have this whimsical idea for a social experiment. 
Because I'm sick of bullshit.
Because I'm curious how many of you will get angry or disgusted if I keep reminding you that I'm advertising stuff to earn cash, not to make you happy. 
Because I immensely enjoy calling things by their proper name. 

I don't really hope I'll make a difference.
I hope I will make money.

And I will have some fun.