This blog has nothing to do with a fact that I need money and I'm determined to earn it online. The amount of ads placed all over it is completely incidental and I have no idea how they got here in the first place. I'm totally not trying to sell space and writing skill to the highest bidder and I am disgusted by all sorts of marketing strategies and manipulations. If you share those interests and think we may have something to offer each other, read on.

Tuesday 13 December 2011

Oops, I did it again...

Yesterday I woke up and realised that something terrible has happened. 

I missed the end of the world. 

*

*

*

No, seriously.   Remember Harold Camping?  The guy I wrote about in Armageddon that Didn't Happen and Apocalypse Schmapocalypse?  After his May 21 Rapture failed to materialise, he annouced that it's only 6 months respite and the world will actually end on October 21. 

You may have noticed (from the articles above if nothing else) how I'm a huge Camping fan.  I find it amazing that the guy preaches, is heard and given money.  Real, tangible, cold cash, paid to Camping's organisation in hope of (I presume) redemption before the Big Day.  Un-be-lie-va-ble.

With all that, I simply missed the Apocalypse.  I didn't notice it happening in any way whatsoever, so...  I forgot.  I completely ignored the Big Day. 

Now, that's the kind of Armageddon I like.