This blog has nothing to do with a fact that I need money and I'm determined to earn it online. The amount of ads placed all over it is completely incidental and I have no idea how they got here in the first place. I'm totally not trying to sell space and writing skill to the highest bidder and I am disgusted by all sorts of marketing strategies and manipulations. If you share those interests and think we may have something to offer each other, read on.

Tuesday 22 November 2011

Inspiration through anger

I find anger inspiring.  Am I strange?

No, seriously.  Recently I have discovered that disagreement boosts my creativity sky high.  I actually noticed it when visiting certain forum - I realised that I find posts I generally agree with extremely boring, but statements I want to argue with make me think like crazy. 

A useful piece of self-awareness, if I've ever seen one.  At least I can be grateful for all the shouting matches I've been through. 

I also enjoy writing angry-ish articles (as you've probably noticed if you've read more of this blog).  An obvious consequence of boosted creativity, I suppose. 

Just to make it clear - angry doesn't necessarily mean rude (I have another outlet for that).  I can even get away with G rating most of the time :). 

It's impossible to look around and NOT TO get angry, I'm afraid.  I think it's ok - if you channel your anger, it helps you change things. 

My recent favourite anger source is unethical advertising.  I'm right after publishing a full-fledged article titled 'How not to fall for bullshit advertising' (bullshit spelled BS for censorship reasons) and I'm actually quite proud of it.  I think I will work some more on the subject.  While ranting is extremely pleasant, I also have some solutions in mind - I'm researching the subject of ethical, decent advertising.  We'll see where it gets me. 

A note to you, dear reader - when I'm angry, I tend to be funny, so if you feel like being entertained, do check one of my Squidoo rants.  So far I have been publicly spewing venom at the Internet, job interviews, apocalypse scares, halloween and Internet users' inability to criticise

I also write 'nice' articles', but rants are so much more interesting!